Shoeboxes DUE for Operation Christmas Child
November 17, 2019
12:00pm – 12:00pm
Location: 63 Rockwood Rd, Norfolk, MA 02056
Nov. 17 is the DEADLINE to bring in your filled shoeboxes.
- If supplying your own shoebox, please wrap it so that it can still be opened (or leave it unwrapped).
- If bringing in individual items to help fill other shoeboxes, items need to be delivered 1-3 weeks sooner, date TBD.
Operation Christmas Child
- Pack a shoebox to send a Christmas gift of hope to children around the world.
- Pick up empty shoeboxes and donation tags for individual items in Fellowship Hall. You also may pack your own shoebox, or bring in (appropriate) individual items of your choosing to be put into shoeboxes packed by kids at Awana.
- Filled shoeboxes and donated items can be dropped off any week leading up to Nov. 17 or the deadline TBD for individual items.
- Packing Instructions & Gift Suggestions
- Contact: Doris Reynolds or Jenni Cook
EBC is participating again in Operation Christmas Child, a project of the international relief organization Samaritan’s Purse. The program’s mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Boxes are shipped to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; and to children living on Native American reservations in the U.S. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered gift-filled shoeboxes to over 168 million children in more than 100 countries.
Boxes will be provided on the table in Fellowship Hall with instructions and suggestions for filling the boxes. You can choose to fill a box for a boy or a girl, ages 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Each box should be accompanied by a $9 donation, which provides for processing, shipping, and delivery. If you prefer not to fill an entire box, please take a card from our donation tree. These items will be used for AWANA participants to pack boxes. The deadline to return filled boxes will be November 17; the deadline for donated materials will be earlier, date TBD, to allow time for AWANA to pack the boxes.
For more information on the program, visit https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/the-journey-of-a-shoebox/ or speak to Doris Reynolds or Jenni Cook.