What is a Small Group?
Ideally, a small group is a gathering of 8-12 people where they can seek God together. It's a place to laugh, build friendships, learn, and pray together. Small Groups meet in someone's home because they are more personal than they are formal. It's a chance to share life's joys and trials and to encourage one another to pursue Christ in the midst of whatever stage of life you're in. Some groups work through books of the Bible, others read and discuss Christian books on topics they've decided to study together.
Why Should I Join a Small Group?
- Because you're new to EBC and you want to get to know people.
- Because you've been around for a while but haven't quite "found your spot" yet.
- Because you want to grow spiritually.
What Small Groups Are There, and How Do I Join?
Note: This list includes small groups, Bible studies, and additional classes offered at EBC.
- The Young Adult Small Group (ages 20-30) meets every other Wednesday at 7:30pm in Plainville. They are going through The Gospel-Centered Life: A Study of Galatians, by Bruce Wesley and Yancey Arrington. For details, contact Andy Ray.
- The Senior Ladies’ Bible Study meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month through May. The group will be starting a new study March 3 (so this would be a great time to join!). They will be using the book Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. If you would like a book and/or have questions about the group, please contact Kathy Fox.
The Wednesday Ladies' Bible Study meets weekly on Wednesdays at 9:30am at EBC and is a great mentoring opportunity for women of all ages. Childcare is provided. Currently, we are studying Overcoming Fear by Margaret Feinberg. For more information, contact Sandy Burke or Nancy Wentling.
EBC is hosting a Financial Peace University class Sunday evenings, 6-8pm. Please contact Wayne Curtis or Heidi Mulholland for details, or click FPU@EBC for registration and additional information. The course offers biblical perspectives on how to manage money well and was created by Dave Ramsey and his team of financial experts.
- For information about other small groups meeting in people's homes, please email EBC’s small group coordinators, Gary & Cindy Krist, at email@example.com.