Sunday School Registration 2019/2020
Sunday School is right around the corner! Mark your calendars for September 8! If you plan on participating in Sunday School 2019/2020 or your children will be attending, please register your child/children by clicking on following the link: REGISTRATION. We ask that you register ASAP so teachers and volunteers can prepare.
Youth Ministry Schedule
Sunday Worship: 9:30am-10:45am on Sundays
Students are encouraged to worship with us on Sunday mornings. Church is the family of God meeting together to worship their Heavenly Father, not merely a "thing we do on Sundays."
Sunday School: 11:00am-Noon on Sundays
We have three classes, for students in grades 6-8, 9-10, & 11-12. These take place on campus and are a great way to meet other students while participating in a Bible Study together.
Youth Group: 7:00pm-8:30pm on Sunday nights
We meet in the youth room (downstairs in the church). During the summer, we usually meet at various students' homes. Youth Group is for students in Grades 7-12.
We usually go to winter camp together the weekend leading into February Vacation. This is a great time to get away and make new friends while digging into conversations about why Jesus matters. Email email@example.com or the church office for more information.
Summer Missions Trip
God calls us to serve. Each year, we go away in order to stretch beyond our comfort zone while serving alongside another ministy who continues the work year-round. Sometimes we travel far away, other years we are burdened to serve more locally. Each year the students remark about the ways they've seen God at work.
We are here to Welcome teenagers to Worship and Walk with Jesus Christ and to Witness to those around them. Here's what that means to us:
- Welcome - The teen years are full of enough stress and drama... we hope you will find rest and welcome at youth group. But the welcome isn't simply an invitation to new friendships here; it's also an invitation to discover the grace and love and purpose found through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Worship - Worship is more than singing, it is an attitude your heart takes that delights and rejoices. Maybe that thing you treasure most is good grades, or T. Swift, or your X Box, or even your family... we believe that the human soul finds its deepest rest and peace in the presence of God.
- Walk - Because Jesus has poured out his love and grace and mercy into our hearts, we have been changed. Christians follow Jesus, not in order to prove themselves but because they have come to love Jesus. So much of our world lives with a "You are what you do" mindset that it's hard to break out of that thinking. The good news of the Gospel proclaims, "You are loved because God is love. You are saved because God saved you through Jesus Christ. You are new because God's Holy Spirit has made you new." Therefore, we walk with Jesus... because we love him.
- Witness - It's hard to be silent about something you're passionate about. The love of God makes us witnesses who proclaim, "Let me tell you about Jesus, he has changed my life!" We don't need to be loud and obnoxious or arrogant and argumentative to be a witness. Instead, we simply worship God and walk with Jesus, and when opportunities arise to talk about Jesus with people... we take them.
A Word to Parents
Youth Ministry is a bridge between the church and the home. We are not "professionals" here to replace you or for you to outsource discipleship to someone else. Parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children, teenagers included. It is our desire to partner with you to co-disciple your teens as they navigate the choppy waters of adolescence. If there is any way that EBC can serve, encourage, or pray for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the youth leaders (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are a few resources that we recommend for parents:
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens, by Paul Tripp. This book comes highly recommended for Christian families with teenagers. It's a bit older, but it holds up remarkably well.
- The Culture Translator, by Axis Ministries. This is a free weekly email that will inform you about various trends going on in youth culture. They often share insights about trendsetters, music/movies, or lingo that your kids are aware of but you probably aren't. You can sign up for their weekly emails at the link above.
- The Rooted Blog. Rooted is committed to helping youth workers and parents pursue gospel centered ministry to teenagers. This site publishes 5-7 posts per week for youth workers and for parents, the link above will get you to the posts specifically for parents (subscribe or bookmark the site for future reference).
- Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace, by Heath Lambert. This is the best book we have found that applies the gospel to the fight for sexual purity. If you or your teenager has struggled with pornography, please read this book and prayerfully consider how to disciple your teenager towards gospel-fueled sexual purity.